Breast cancer is the largest killer for women today. So today I speak to Dr. Geetha Manjunath , co-founder & CEO of NIRAMAI a startup developing a novel breast cancer screening solution. Geetha has over 25 years in Global Research labs and has created many innovative prototypes, patents, publications and new products. Till end of 2016, she was a Lab Director and head of Xerox Data Analytics Research in India.
Before that, she was a Principal Research Scientist and Research Manager at Hewlett Packard Labs India for 17 years.
So in this episode we talk about what inspired her to do this, how it works, the business model , aims & objectives , accuracy rates. Reaction of the health industry. Geetha shares thoughts on what first time founders should be focusing on & dealing with sceptical doctors! and so much more so please enjoy the show!!
In this conversation we also talk about:
- What excites her most about this startup
- How are they trying to attract customers
- Her background - PHD in computer science & working at Xerox
- How the device works - The 5 step dance process!
- What would health care look like in 50 years time?
- How did she learn all this!
- Huge potential in making a difference to women in India
- Great advice for first time founders
- Getting your hands dirty!
- Life as a CEO
- How to get into machine learning (Go back to school and learn maths - but its not hard!)
Thanks for listening and subscribing. If you like the show please leaving a comment in ITUNES. Thank you for supporting the podcast since launching we have had over 200,000 Total Downloads