India faces major environmental challenges associated with waste generation, Believe it or not, India produces 42 millions tonnes of waste every day most of it is left in the landfills at the city outskirts, leaving a stinking smell & vultures hovering over heaps of hazardous material. So Today I am talking with Nivedha, Founder & CEO of Trashcon. They have created a machine helps solve this problem by converting mixed waste into Bio-Degradable and Non-Biodegradable Waste.
So In this conversation, she talks about her exciting rollercoaster journey since graduating 3 months ago. How the machine works. Overcoming roadblocks, the business model, being the youngest mentor at the Founders Institute. Having belief in her product. Wanting to change the entire industry. Being told by the experts - this is not possible. Winning a number of awards, working weekends & missing birthday parties and much more. so please enjoy the show.
In this conversation we also talk about:
- Being a mentor to people 3 times her age
- Not giving up easily!
- Age, qualification , status - does not matter
- Seeing huge mountains of landfill
- Bringing about a change in society.
- Hitting the right pain point at the right time
- How she got the idea - great story!
- What happens after the waste gets separate - very interesting case studies!
- What can go wrong?
- Getting help from her mother
and much much more!
If anyone is interested in creating their own podcast. Check out my class on www.skillshare.com called Getting your podcast off the ground. I have been teaching this for over 15 months now & have over 550 students! And it’s had great testimonials.
So check out the link in the show notes to get started! **http://skl.sh/2kRmClL**
- Advantages of doing your own podcast
- You get to build something amazing that you own 100%
- You have 100% creative control
- And it's a lot of fun!
So check out the above link and you can do your own podcast!